Summertime brings nice weather, so more people are spending time outside. Kids are outside playing with their little friends and running around with their pet puppies. They’re coming inside covered in dirt and grass, and while you’re happy your kids are getting outside, chances are your carpets are taking a beating. While some homeowners may be looking for a DIY solution to help things look a little cleaner and brighter, you might do more harm than good.
If you’ve been trying to make the right choice for your carpet cleaning needs, read on to learn more.
Summer Weather Brings Carpet Woes
Even though summer brings a lot of warm sunny days, it also brings summer rains that lead to muddy puddles. Just imagine your dog and kids coming back into the house enthusiastically for lunch with their feet covered in mud and grass. Now your beautiful carpet is covered in dirt and mud!
The good news is that there are things that you can do to clean your carpet. Generally, it starts off simple, like making sure everyone takes off their shoes before coming inside. Similarly, if your home has a mudroom, you’re in better shape than most. Another easy way to help things look better is by scheduling a carpet cleaning with a professional company.
Common DIY Carpet Cleaning Mistakes
Many people believe that it’s a good idea to try cleaning a carpet themselves. But there are some mistakes that you can make when you’re cleaning it on your own. Some of the more common mistakes include:
- Rubbing stains vigorously: This can damage the fibres of the carpet because it untwists them and causes fraying.
- Using the incorrect product for cleaning: This can cause discoloration and damage.
- Using a cleaning solution that’s new before testing it: If you don’t test it, it can lead to damage to the carpet or bleaching colour from carpet.
- Renting equipment that’s faulty: Rental machines are often not correctly serviced or frequently damaged. You often don’t know until it’s too late.
- Using an excess of chemicals: When you oversaturate carpet with chemicals it can damage your carpet and buildup over time.
If you’d prefer to avoid these costly mistakes, chances are you’re going to want to opt for a professional service.
Reasons to Choose Chem-Dry Imperial
Do you want to have your carpets look better? If so, one of the best things that you can do is to have them professionally cleaned. Below are some of the reasons why you want to choose us to do your carpet cleaning for you.
- The carpets are going to dry much faster
- The carpets are going to be extremely clean
- The carpets are going to stay much cleaner
- The carpets are cleaned without any phosphates, detergents, surfactants, soaps or other types of harsh cleaners.
- We have years of experience
- We have the knowledge that is needed for cleaning all types of carpet
- Our equipment is top notch
Your children and pets play on your carpets. You want your carpets to be clean, but you also want to make sure that they’re safe for your children and pets to play on. When you choose Chem-Dry Imperial, you’re going to get beautiful clean carpets in a safe and chemical free cleaning solution.
Want to know more about our services? Check out our website or give us a call at (613) 703-6276. We will be glad to help you make your carpets look the best that they can and give your home a clean look.